August 13, 2018
TIME: 7:00 pm
Attendance: Mayor Alexis Fenner, Deputy Mayor Harding, Councillor Bucci, Councillor Wright, Councillor Porter
Staff: Patty St. Peter, Clerk – Manager
1. Mayor Fenner called the meeting to order @ 7:00 p.m.
2. UMNB Conference The clerk-manager advised she requires councils registration forms by Wednesday of this week. It was noted council was provided a copy of the conference information in their mailboxes,
3. Family and Youth Capital Assistance Program Clerk-Manager advised she had forwarded an email asking the following -The funding granted under this project is for playground structures for the municipality. As time might pose a problem to get this project finished before the snow falls. Is it possible to purchase the items prior to March 31/19 and develop and complete the playground in the spring/summer season 2019. She noted no response has been received to date.
4. Request from Family Worship Center The clerk-manager read the following email.
To Mayor and Council:
I’m writing this on behalf of Family Worship Center to request permission to utilize the arena dooryard for the Annual Community Fun Day. The date this year is Sept 08 and we are planning on running the event from 1 PM until 5 PM. The goal of this is for everyone of all ages to come together and have a relaxing, good time socializing with other community members and games/activities for children. This event will include a “Touch a truck ” display with different agencies and businesses involved, door prizes, free snacks and lunch, possible PRFD display to name a few.
For the last few years you have all been so accommodating in opening up this facility parking area for this event and the location is prime for visibility purpose in the community. We also have utilized some of the tables/chairs/bouncy castle/tents/ext chords and washrooms for the event.
Looking forward to your response. If I could get a response and price to use the inside main floor if raining would be appreciated.
MOTION: Family Worship Centre be granted permission to utilize the parking lot along with the bouncy castle
5. Close Session – Labor
MOTION: Meeting go into closed session @7:07 p.m. – Councillor Porter, Deputy Mayor Harding – Motion Carried 2018-102
MOTION: Meeting resumed in regular session @7:27 p.m. – Councilor Bucci, Deputy Mayor Harding – Motion Carried 2018-103
MOTION: The pool remain open until Labour Day pending on staffing availability – Councilor Bucci, Councillor Wright – Motion Carried 2018-104
MOTION: Casual position in the village office will be paid an hourly rate of $14.00 – Councillor Porter, Councillor Wright – Motion Carried 2018-105
4. MOTION: Meeting adjourned @ 7:27 p.m. – Deputy Mayor Harding Motion Carried – 2018-106
Alexis Fenner, Mayor Patty St. Peter, Clerk-Manager