August 21st, 2018
TIME: 7:00 pm
Attendance: Mayor Alexis Fenner, Deputy Mayor Harding, Councillor Bucci, Councillor Wright, Councillor Porter
Staff: Patty St. Peter, Clerk – Manager
1. Mayor Fenner called the meeting to order @ 6:55 p.m.
2. Playground The clerk-manager advised she received a response from Wendy Duguay. She advised that everything has to be done and paid by March 31, 2019 – Unfortunately we cannot carry any funds over to the next fiscal year. Clerk-Manager noted she will contact Ms. Duguay to confirm.
Discussion on the playground location, size and fencing.
MOTION: Playground be constructed beside the tennis courts – Councilor Bucci, Deputy Mayor Harding – Motion Carried 2018-107
MOTION: The site size of the playground be 40 x 40 – Deputy Mayor Harding, Councilor Bucci – Motion Carried 2018-108
It was agreed that a quote be obtained for the fencing of the playground. Then a letter be forward to the lottery committee asking for financial assistance in purchasing the fencing for the park. Deputy Mayor Harding will check with the foreman to see if they are able to do the ground work.
3. Letter – Sherri Linton-Jamer The clerk-manager noted she had forwarded a copy of the letter to council last Friday. Council acknowledged receiving a copy of the letter. The village council agreed that Sherri Linton-Jamer be given a free two night stay at the tourist park.
MOTION: Camping site reservations need to be prepaid when reservations are made Deputy Mayor Harding, Councillor Bucci – Motion Carried 2018-109
4. Letter – Monica Johnson The clerk-manager read the letter received from Ms, Johnson. Council is in support of her initiative as the need is in the community.
MOTION: Letter of support will be forwarded as long as the Donald Fraser Memorial School had given permission for the Brighter Beginnings Daycare and Preschool at Donald Fraser Memorial School – Councilor Bucci, Councillor Wright- Motion Carried 2018-110
5. Close Session – Labor
MOTION: Meeting go into closed session @7:20 p.m. – Councillor Porter, Councillor Bucci – Motion Carried 2018-111
MOTION: Meeting resumed in regular session @7:46 pm – Deputy Mayor Harding Councillor Wright – Motion Carried 2018-112
Deputy Mayor Harding advised council that Summer Fest is changing the weekend to July 1st weekend. Summer Fest would work in conjunction with the village during this weekend. Councillor Bucci noted this would fall under the recreation department whom would attend Summer Fest meetings. Council in agreement with this proposal.
Councilor Porter advised something needs to be done with the tennis courts as it’s a safety issue for users.
MOTION: R & R quote be accepted to carry out the work on the tennis courts at the quoted cost of $2805.00 – Councilor Porter, Councilor Wright – Motion Carried 2018-113
MOTION: Xplornet Communications Inc. be given permission by village council to install and remove new equipment at the Plaster Rock Water Tower on Church Street Councillor Wright, Councilor Bucci – Motion Carried 2018-114
4. MOTION: Meeting adjourned @ 7:27 p.m. – Councillor Bucci – Motion Carried 2018-115
Alexis Fenner, Mayor Patty St. Peter, Clerk-Manager