Statement to Residents Re: Covid 19 and Recycling in Village of Plaster Rock: April 3rd, 2020
1. As of today, April 3rd, recycling WILL continue as normal in the Village.
2. In our village, we use Northwest Sanitation, who is currently able to continue providing this service to us, with the appropriate safety measures in place as per recommendations of the Province, the Chief Medical Officer and the criteria under the current state of emergency.
3. If at any point our contractor feels it is necessary to discontinue with recycling, we will fully respect this decision and will advise our residents as quickly as possible.
4. We do encourage all our residents to do their part by sanitizing their own blue bins, especially the handles, before and after collection to protect you the resident. As usual, all recycling materials need to be cleaned and dried thoroughly before being placed in the bins.
5. We believe that garbage and recycling are essential services to keep our communities clean and we are pleased that we are able to continue these services in our village with all extra precautions.
6. We are very thankful to all of our sanitation workers and all front-line staff during this crisis and thank everyone for keeping our communities safe and clean!